CPI Costa Rica is excited to be an Exhibitor at our 6th consecutive ACTFL Annual Convention and World Languages Expo, this year being held in Nashville, TN. Over 7,000 language professionals are expected to attend this much anticipated event. Opportunities for professional development are abundant with 800 educational sessions along with informational meetings on emerging trends and research-informed practices.
We welcome you to visit CPI Spanish Immersion Costa Rica at BOOTH #545 in the Exhibit Hall. During the ACTFL 2017 Convention CPI will be featuring the following Spanish programs of interest to language educators:
Individual study in our STANDARD SPANISH program -- (maximum 4 students per class) for all levels, available any Monday, year-round at any of our 3 CPI campuses:
- Heredia typical town: peacefully quaint and traditional ´´Tico´´ village of San Joaquin de Flores full of local color
- Monteverde cloud forest: nestled in a majestic mountain range, this high biodiversity region is perfect for animal sighting and hiking
- Flamingo Beach: this campus is only a 5 minute walk to crystalline waters and a white sand beach
And WHY not convert the experience into a family affair with age and skill appropriate classes for spouses and the kids – study in the morning and explore each afternoon!
Professional development study:
- Instituto de Cervantes DELE preparation and exam: Throughout the year prepare for the DELE exam; opportunities to sit for the exam are available annually at CPI Heredia on the Cervantes established dates.
- Seminar for Spanish Teachers: Choose the Monday which best fits your schedule and participate in our customized 2 week seminar during which participants are taught various techniques created, developed, and successfully applied over the 26 years CPI has been teaching Spanish as a second language.
- CEUs or Master’s level credits in Spanish: A 2 week session offered each summer (2018 dates: May 18 – June 3) includes cultural immersion, linguistic advancement and classroom application. This unique opportunity is facilitated in conjunction with New Mexico State University (NMSU) as the university of record to broaden cultural perspective, increase language proficiency, and revolutionize teaching while enjoying amazing Costa Rica. The base course grants 3 Master’s level credits; add-on Spanish classes organized by skill level afford the opportunity to earn 6 graduate level credits.
- Customized study abroad itineraries for primary, middle, high school or university students: The study abroad provider of choice for numerous schools and universities across the U.S., CPI has a department dedicated solely to the creation and implementation of group itineraries. Through CPI Groups arrange 1, 2, 3 or 4 week experiences for your students which include Spanish classes (maximum 5 students per class), accommodation, cultural immersion, educational activities and tours. Professors confidently travel with their students knowing that from the moment of arrival they can depend on a smoothly run trip which results in students improving their Spanish skills, broadening horizons, and enjoying this experience of a lifetime. References are available upon request from across the U.S.
If you are unable to travel to the ACTFL 2017 Annual Convention and World Languages Expo but are interested in more details on these options, please feel free to contact our friendly, bilingual CPI Admission’s Team!