Starting July 1st 2019, the CPI invoice includes an additional 2% owing to the country’s new and recently mandated "Valued Added Tax".
The aforementioned corresponds to a tax applied to private education and is established in Law 9635, which seeks to strengthen the Costa Rican public finances.
Standard Spanish Program
Group - 20 hours
US$ 460 /week
Group - 27.5 hrs
US$ 632 /week
Private - 20 hours
US$ 600 /week
Private - 27.5 hrs
US$ 825 /week
Private - by hour
US$ $30 /hour
- Ask about discounted pricing for 5 weeks and beyond
- During high season (June-July), students may study in the morning or afternoon sessions and some groups may have a maximum 5 students per class
- Cost includes: Spanish classes, textbooks, placement test, and free cultural activities at each campus
- If you signed up for group classes and there is only 1 student in your group the same 20 hours or 27.5 hours apply for the same pricing
- You may combine group classes in the morning and add private classes in the afternoon to focus on specific subjects of interest, profession, or to prepare for a test
- During peak times private classes could be scheduled to take place in the afternoons
Family & Teen Programs Combos
Other Accommodation Options
Notes and Clarifications
Prices do not include:
- Transportation between CPI campuses
- Over-night accommodation prior to program start (for example, should you arrive Saturday, as the homestay initiates on Sunday) and after termination of the CPI program
- Airline ticket
- Lunch at your homestay
Mandatory Extra Fees
US$185 net per school for students ages 16 and 17 years who are not traveling with an adult and who are not participating in the Summer Teen Program.
|Volunteer Program Fee||
US$50 net per school for a volunteer program arranged by the staff of CPI.
Note: If this fee is not charged, CPI is not obligated to make any arrangements pertaining to a student’s volunteer work.
We observe the following holidays:
- January 1st (New Year's Day)
- Thursday & Friday of Easter Week, April 18th and 19th
- May 1st (Labor Day)
- July 25th (Annexation of Guanacaste)
- August 15th (Mother's Day)
- December 25th (Christmas Day)
For Easter Week: Special schedule will be offered, for more information please contact the Admissions Office.
For the Christmas period, please note:
CPI Heredia remains open the whole month of December.
CPI Monteverde and CPI Flamingo may close one week in December. Please contact Admissions Department to confirm the weeks available in December for those campuses.
In December, we suggest combining classes according to the weeks that each campus will be open.
NOTE: No refunds or make-ups will be made to students for days missed due to holidays. However, CPI can consider special cases and approve a partial portion of a missed day, upon request.
Forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment for the remaining balance:
- Via Internet
- Cash in colones, dollars (USD$), Canadian dollars (CAD$), or euros (€)
- Personal checks from bank accounts in the USA (USD$), and Canada (CAD$)
- Credit cards - Visa and Mastercard only
- International bank transfers; you are responsible for the bank transfer fees