Teen Program Overview
Currently the TEEN CAMP as a group programis suspended
Minors are welcome when travelling with an 18+ person
Throughout our more than 25 years CPI has perfected Costa Rica trips for teenagers. Costa Rica is a safe, democratic, and healthy country that is frequently noted as the adventure and language learning capital of Latin America. Each TEEN can choose campus(es) and the program model & week(s) which best meets their interests.
- Study in our 4 or 5.5 hour program (in these group classes minor students may be placed with other young adults).
- Sign a contract accepting the rules of behavior for a minor student traveling without an adult.
- Be covered by an international health/travel insurance plan.
- Stay with a CPI homestay.
- Send a list of permitted tours (we will send tour details in advance).
- Pay a minor fee in addition to the 10% tuition deposit.
- NOTE: This program is recommended for mature teens 16 and older, especially for those interested in the Spanish language and/or preparing for an AP, SAT Spanish test or other exams.
- 4 hour program: $660*
- 5.5 hour program: $832*
*Starting tuition price for 1 week of Spanish with homestay
- Departure tax $31 (some carriers include this fee in ticket price)
- Intercampus transportation
- Arrival & departure package
- Travel/health insurance
- Minor fee $185 per student per campus
- Lunch package $100 per week (Monday through Friday at school and weekends at homestay)
Teen Program Specifics
Mornings: SPANISH CLASSES
Conversation is the GOAL! Students are divided into classes with other teens based on speaking ability to make the most of their Spanish language classes. Mini groups – maximum 5 per class - allows students to talk a lot and receive quality, personalized instruction.
Costa Rica is THE country for adventures! Top notch canopy zip-line, cloud forest hiking, city exploring, Pacific Ocean sailing, sea snorkeling & surfing, and much more! Every day CPI skillfully combines adventure and Spanish classes to provide an action-packed and fun learning experience for teenagers.
Homestay = language immersion = the icing on the cake to this premier TEEN Spanish immersion experience! This program was designed especially for those looking to significantly improve their language abilities, and staying with a host family permits students to speak an amazing amount of Spanish with native speakers as well as gain a profound understanding of the culture.